The CFTN is working with Paul Dewar, Member of Parliament for Ottawa Centre on the Just Minerals Campaign!!
IDENTIFY. WHAT ARE CONFLICT MINERALS?
- In the Congo, minerals are being used to finance the bloodiest conflict since World War II.
- The minerals end up in things YOU use, from cellphones to tin cans and jewellery to light bulbs.
MOBILIZE. WHAT IS BEING DONE?
- The Just Minerals Campaign was launched in March 2013.
- It is a grassroots campaign calling on the Canadian government to empower Canadians to choose products WITHOUT conflict minerals.
- The campaign supports the Conflict Minerals Act, introduced in the House of Commons by Paul Dewar.
ACT. GET INVOLVED – ALL ACROSS CANADA.
- Citizens are taking action across Canada – in campus centres and churches, union halls and boardrooms. JOIN US.
CHANGE. WHAT CAN I DO?
- Visit, like, and share the campaign page on Facebook
- Sign the petition online
- Write a letter to your MP asking them to support the bill
- A draft letter to parliament is available for you to sign and send
- Tell your friends, family, classmates, and neighbours – if this affects you, it affects them too.