Midnight Sun Coffee Roasters
Who is Midnight Sun Coffee Roasters?
We are a a Family owned and operated business located in downtown Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. We roast on site with a cozy cafe inside, and in the summer, a gorgeous patio with mountain views outside.
We have been micro-roasting premium coffee in small batches, daily, for over 15 years.
What is Fair Trade coffee?
When you purchase a product that has been certified as Fair trade, this means:
1. a minimum ( fair ) price has been guaranteed to the farmers and workers.
2. in some cases your money will go towards funding for community development in coffee growing countries
3. Sustainable environmental practices
4. International Labour Organization standards are set
5. allows for a more direct trade relationship. between the consumer, and the farmer.
* The key to successful fair trade practices, is that the consumer is willing to pay a little bit more, to ensure that the people who are farming and picking coffee can make a fair wage. It also means that the middle men ( Midnight Sun Coffee ) is willing to pay a premium on fairly traded goods, for resale. It is a delicate and important balance in order to not only farm sustainably, but also to recognize that coffee is picked by people, not machines and that these farmers need to be able to make a decent living wage in order for all of us to enjoy the fruits of their labours.