Social Gem - Blue Moon
Social Gem is a Fair Trade brand of Artisanal Accessories, Jewelry and Fashion. We 'Do WELL by Doing GOOD'
1) We partner with women entrepreneurs, mompreneurs, work-at-home-moms, and part-time affiliate partners to market Social Gem Ethical Collections through campaigns, school fundraisers, social media campaigns, trunk shows, educational outreach and e-marketing.
2) We partner with women artisans in Global South to create Social Gem Fair Trade Collections
3) We support girls' education in developing world in a unique Real Connection - Every Social Gem piece connects the buyer with the schoolgirl who gets help.
4) We train, empower, and support women entrepreneurs thru on-going coaching programs.
5) We make it fun for everyone!
Our business model is transparent and sustainable. We specialize in fundraisers and social media campaigns.
Social Gem makes ethical jewelry.
1 We partner with women artisans who create our collections
2 We sell online, in Pop-Up shops, in fair trade retail stores, and we partner with schools, churches and other groups for fundraisers.
3 50% of profits pays for education for girls whose parents can't afford to send them to school (school is not free in many countries)
4 We are a member of Fair Trade Federation and Green America
1. Fair Trade is an organized social movement that offers fair trade agreements and pay to producers. In addition to paying a fair price, fair trade also puts money back into communities to help producers create sustainable businesses and meet community needs such as access to schools and safe drinking water. Additionally fair trade producers need to meet labor standards such as not using child labor and protecting the rights of women from workplace violence.
2. There are thousands of fair trade products! If they have some type of Fairtrade certification they will be marked as such with a logo. Coffee, chocolate, tea, quinoa and soap are easy to find but you can also find fair trade certified produce, snack foods and hygiene items! Once you know what you're looking for you'll see them everywhere. We've found fair trade food at Costco and fair trade tea in the movie theatre!
3. It costs more because it should! Years of purchasing products made cheaply because they use unfair labor have really messed up our view of how much things should cost.
4. It's the little things that make a big difference. The more we shop for fair trade, the more products we can expect to see available for purchase in our stores. If your store doesn't carry Fairtrade products, ask for them!
Social enterprise is an innovative combination of business and changemaker. A typical business measures performance in profit and return. But Social Gem exists to fund education for girls in developing world. We measure the bottom line by the number of lives we change and the positive social impact we make. We are innovative, inspirational and intent on making a positive difference in the world.