Fair Trade Toronto
Fair Trade Toronto was created to promote Fair Trade in the City of Toronto, and unify the efforts of all those in the Fair Trade community to increase public awareness of how individual choices and actions can advance equality, social justice, and environmental sustainability by promoting a system that respects producers and artisans around the world. Fair Trade Toronto is educating the people in Toronto to raise awareness and increase the availability of Fair Trade products. They are an independent organization based on volunteers and are not selling or certifying products, but are working together with third-party certification bodies like the FLO or Fair Trade Canada.
- To educate citizens of Toronto on how they can support people in the developing world by choosing Fair Trade in their everyday purchasing practices
- To increase the availability of Fair Trade products by working alongside Fair Trade retailers, distributors, and suppliers
- To increase awareness of Fair Trade and where to find Fair Trade products in the City
- To support and encourage businesses and organizations to adopt in-house Ethical Procurement policies that require Fair Trade products when available
- To have individuals, businesses, community and faith groups to commit to Fair Trade sourcing
- To assist campuses, towns, cities and municipalities to become Fair Trade universities and towns