Fair Trade Vancouver
Fair Trade Vancouver works to advance equality, social justice and environmental sustainability by promoting a system that respects producers and artisans around the world. We seek to highlight the importance of individual choices and how our actions can contribute to building a global community. By purchasing Fair Trade products, consumers are contributing to the empowerment of individuals and communities around the world, ensuring the move towards a more equitable world.
Fair Trade Vancouver is a non-profit organization that seeks to increase awareness, availability, and sales of Fair Trade products in Metro Vancouver.
- To educate citizens of Metro Vancouver on how they can support people in the developing world by choosing Fair Trade in their everyday purchasing practices
- To increase the availability of Fair Trade products by working alongside Fair Trade retailers, distributors and suppliers
- To support and encourage businesses and organizations to adopt in-house Ethical Procurement policies that require Fair Trade products when available
- To assist campuses, towns, cities and municipalities to become Fair Trade universities and towns
- To have individuals, businesses, community and faith groups to commit to Fair Trade sourcing
- To lead a nationwide effort to increase the availability and prominence of Fair Trade in Canada
- An independent volunteer-based organization
- Not in the business of selling Fair Trade products
- Not a certifier of fair trade products