The Canadian Fair Trade Network (CFTN) and the Manitoba Council for International Cooperation (MCIC) are proud to host Canada’s Fourth-Annual Fair Trade Conference. The three-day event will bring together delegates from across the movement to create new partnerships and further the impact of fair trade.
This year’s conference will build upon foundations laid in Calgary (2013), Toronto (2014) and Montreal (2015). As awareness and support for fair trade grows, this conference has become a key event for leaders to connect, share and learn.
When: February 18, 19 & 20, 2016
Where: The Fort Garry Hotel | 222 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB R3C 0R3
What: Connect, share and learn with fair trade stakeholders from coast to coast
Who: Hosted by the Canadian Fair Trade Network and the Manitoba Council for International Cooperation
Cost: $235 Professionals | $145 Students | *Day rates are available *Special rates for high school teachers and students are also available | Please register today
Accomodation: Group room rates have been secured at the Fort Garry Hotel | Further details can be found on our logistics page. You can book your own room by calling the hotel reservations number at 1-204-942-8251 or 1-800-665-8088. (For reference, the event name is National Fair Trade Conference, our group is 10R2XT).
Canada’s 2016 Fair Trade Conference will see leaders from across the country come together to strengthen existing ties and increase opportunities for collaboration. Participants will include:
- Fair Trade Town, Campus & School leaders
- Fair Trade business leaders
- Government institutions
- Non-profit partners
- Food service companies
- University and college representatives
- High school representatives
- Increase participation and coordination within the fair trade movement in Canada
- Inspire, motivate and build the capacity of stakeholders
- Present on the progress of the fair trade movement and the work being done by the CFTN
- Build strategy to further the goals of the movement for 2016 and beyond